278 words. 3 minutes to read.
How often have you gone on holiday with suitcases stuffed full of belongings, and hauled them halfway around the world, only to return home having used barely any of it?
Being a minimalist when you travel can prevent stress and headaches, and make your holiday so much more enjoyable.
Here’s my ultimate minimalist packing list for those of you who want to spend your holidays NOT carrying vast amounts of stuff!
- Prescription medicine and doctor’s letter (if required)
- Glasses (if required), sunglasses
- Basic pain medication, cortisone or antihistamines (if required)
- Diva cup (if required)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Hairbrush or comb, hairties
- Soap, conditioner
Cosmetics – if required
- BB cream with sunscreen
- Cheek stick
- Eyeshadow stick
- Permanent / long-last lipstick
- 7 x underwear
- Slip on shoes
- Flip flops (for communal showers and beaches)
- Swimsuit and shorts (for workout), sunhat
- Hooded jacket
- 2 x tops plus 2 x bottoms OR 2 dresses (on or below the knee)
- 2 x thermal tops (winter only)
- Gloves, scarf and beanie (winter only)
- Smartphone and charger
- Beach towel
- Sheet, pillowcase
- Day bag
- Water bottle
- Wallet with drivers licence, passport and cash
All of this should easily fit into a small pack the size of a school bag, and can be brought in to a plane as carry-on, avoiding the need to checking in items, and making transfers quicker and easier.
Remember, unless you’re going to Antarctica, you can buy anything you need when you arrive, if you find you’ve missed something. Travel is supposed to be fun, not a shopping death sentence!
Next time you travel, I hope you have a great time bringing less. 🙂